Environmental Policy / Implementation Strategy
Continum Group and its Subsidiaries are committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of using technology.
In today's world we have an obligation to minimise our carbon footprint, which makes good economic and climatic sense. Continum Group always strives to provide businesses with IT & Communication solutions that not only support a business strategy but also provide all round solutions that improve our daily lives. To this effect all our system proposals now include options for the reduction in hardware requirements and provide mobile and home based working solutions. The net effect is reduced power requirements and flexible-working environments ultimately reducing our impact on the climate.
Continum's Group Environmental implementation strategy includes :-
- All office equipment is on special "oneclick" power adapters to ensure no items are left in "standby mode";
- We use a specialist waste recovery supplier to recycle the maximum amount of waste and provide an environmentally aware IT hardware removal and disposal services for our customers.
- All customers sites have "remote access support software" ensuring that over 90% of support issues can be solved via a remote access to their equipment rather than an onsite visit (therefore reducing travelling requirements);
- Flexible working environment with the Continum team having designated work from home days (therefore reducing travelling requirements);
- We have invested over £50,000 in our hosted platform to move to a complete virtual system thus significantly reducing energy usage; and heat generation.
- We have identified IT solutions that are environmentally friendly and actively promote these as alternatives to the more standard solutions.
Signed on Behalf of the Continum Group and its subsidiaries.